Intro Jingle (Dominique Dipiazza)
Teacher: Dominique Dipiazza
Style: Jazz Fusion
Technique: Harmonic / Right Hand 4 fingers Technique
Learn the 4 Fingers Right Hand Technique and Harmonics in The Style of Jaco Pastorius with Dominique Di Piazza.
Content of the lesson:
- From 00.00 to 00:37: LIVE SESSION (unpublished): Dominique DiPiazza and Damien Schmitt (d) play”Intro Jingle”
- 00:02 – L1_Ex: Jaco Pastorius’s Influence – Harmonics
- 00:02 – L1_P1: Practice of The Harmonics
- 00:13 – L2_Ex1: Theme (Part One) – Harmonic Continuum – 4 Fingers Technique
- 00:13 – L2_Ex2: Jaco Inspiration
- 00:19 – L3_Ex: Finger Harmonic Continuum + Bass Note w/ the Thumb
- 00:19_L3_P1: Finger Harmonic Continuum + Bass Note w/ the Thumb (Slow Tempo)
- 00:19 – L3_P2: Finger Harmonic Continuum + Bass Note w/ the Thumb (77 bpm)
- 00:19_L3_P3: Finger Harmonic Continuum + Bass Note w/ the Thumb (96 bpm)
- 00:22 – L4_Ex: Theme (Part 2) – Explanation
- 00:22 – L4_P1: Theme (Part 2) – Exercise (55 bpm)
- 00:22 – L4_P2: Theme (Part 2) – Exercise (87 bpm)
- 00:22 – L4_P3: Theme (Part 2) – Exercise (100 bpm)
- 00:30 – L5_P1: Ending songs Exercice (Slow Tempo)
- 00:30 – L5_P2: Ending songs Exercice (Medium Tempo)
- 00:30 – L5_P3: Ending songs Exercice (Fast Tempo)
Dominique Dipiazza isYOURteacher!
Dominique Di Piazza began his career in 1982 at the “Hot Club” in Lyon. In 1986, he moved to Paris and turns with Didier Lockwood, André Ceccarelli and Gordon Beck. In 1989, he participated at the “Padre” album in trio with Jean-Pierre Como and Stéphane Huchard. From 1990 to 2005, he participated in numerous recording sessions and concerts. He collaborates with Yves Carbonne, Jeff Gardner or Vic Juris. In 2006, Dominique was in India at the recording of the CD of the great Indian mandolin player U.Shrinivas with Debashish Bhattacharya, Selvaganesh and Zakir Hussain. The album “Samjanitha” was released by Dreyfus / Sony in 2008. This is the same year that John McLaughlin called Dominique for his great European tour. Dominique then joined “The 4th Dimension”. Group and toured the biggest cities in the world. Meanwhile, Dominic founded the “Di Piazza Trio” with the Brazilian guitarist Nelson Veras and drummer Manhu Roche. The “Princess Sita” album was launched on August 26, 2008 at Sunny Records USA. Between 2009 and 2011, he continues touring around the world, playing for example in France with singer Elena Dee and David Berkman, or in Russia with guitarist Andrei Bodnartchouk and the band “Made in France”. Since then, Dominique teaches bass and the art of improvisation for many years at the Music Academy International in Nancy (France) and conducts master-class all around the world. Dominique’s sincerity, his unique style (thanks to its technique of “four-finger-picking” that allows precision and a unique virtuosity in the world), and his openness to music from around the world make him one of the most highly musicians on the international music scene.
Dominique is YOUR teacher today, and he plays with Damien Schmitt (d), Gregory Privat (p) and Stéphane Chausse (s).